Tuesday, November 11, 2008

6.00, a little paint.....and some free time.

So I LOVE YARD SALING. Yet, I never blog about my finds. This one is worth blogging about.
So I got three of these dusty old frames at a yard sale. They are solid wood, homemade, with plaxy glass so it's safe for children. I got ALL of them for a whopping 1.00 TOTAL. So I was determined to make them our own. We got the pictures from Uncle Wick and I got them blown up for 4.00. Then I bought some black paint. I painted the frames black, made the picture mats with black construction paper that I painted black to match the frames and.........scroll down to see the final......I made a master piece!!!!

8 comments:

Jesse & Esther Wilcock Family said...

Those turned out so good, Sarah!!! You are such a good decorator. i love all the october pictures and updates even though we live right behind you.haha

Unknown said...

Way cute! I love yardsales!!!

Christina, Carlos, and Julian said...

I share that passion with you...yard sales, thrift stores, junk on the side of the road...yes, I've picked it up! It's so fun to take something and make it your own all on a budget. Makes it so much more fun and a better story to tell!

Julee said...

WOW!!! Good job Sarah!!!!!!!! You are talented!!!! I love yard selling!!!

Cory or Cari said...

Just perfect! I miss yard sales. It's just tooooo cold here. But I hear they exist in the summer.

Linda said...

Great job Sarah! Those frames/pictures look really good. Wish you could come and do stuff like that to decorate my house! It was fun to have you come and see my house.... sorry it was such a mess! Come again sometime. And let us know when that baby comes! Where are you delivering?

Monica said...

You're so creative Sarah! I love it. When you're down to the end of the pregnancy, you've got to keep your mind on other things, right?

Scott and Candice Moore said...

I love yard sale deals! They are the best! Your frames turned out beautifully! Oh and Ben just loved playing with Savanah at the Park when she was down visiting her Grandma and Grandpa Lewis!It was so cute how they introduced themselves. Ben had asked me "Mom what is her name?" She said " My Name Is Savanah I am 5 years old. What is Your Name and How Old Are You?" He said "My Name is Ben and I am 4yrs old but I will be 5 in Feburary!" After that they ran around and played on the monkey bars together. How nice it must have been for you to have a break for a few days!