Monday, March 31, 2008

Tribute to Grandma Trudy Innes

For History's Sake, I just wanted to pay tribute to my dear sweet Grandma. Grandma does not have a mean bone in her body. She was always giving to everyone she saw and I will always remember the wonderful feeling of love, safety, acceptance, and comfort that I felt when I was in Grandma and Grandpa's home. She loved her family first and foremost. I will always be grateful for the oppurtunity that I had to live 5 block away from my Grandma most of my childhood. Every Sunday Grandma would cook her famous Roast Beef Dinner, complete with homemade mashed potatoes, gravy and Grandpa's favorite coleslaw. That will always be a great memory. Grandma was snacker and she always her cupboards stocked with goodies... everywhere. Maybe that's why I'm a sugar holic?! Grandma was baptized when she was 18 and was faced with a lot of ridicule from her peers for her decision. She stayed true to the Gospel and passed up many men that wanted to marry her, but were not of her faith. I am grateful for her perseverance and testimony. She raised great children. She loved the Gospel. She loved eating at La Casita. I'm grateful to my mother who helped her so much in her last years of life. Even though she was her mother in law, she treated ther like her mother. Grandma always had a cute laugh. She loved Egg McMuffins and coke for breakfast.! She was an expert shopper and could out do anyone at shopping all day. I am grateful for my grandma and for her life. I love you Grandma.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I am sorry about your grandma. She sounds like a wonderful woman. I love your family, and it looks like Grandma did a great job and set a great example.

Peck Family said...

I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOG. IT MAKES ME FEEL CLOSE TO FAMILY AND STAY IN TOUCH. YOUR KIDS ARE SO CUTE. THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.....I WAS WAITING FOR ONE :-)

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. I remember meeting her, she was a great lady. :) My Grandpa Bareny passed away on Monday, so I'm going home this weekend with Amirra and going to stay with my mom for awhile. I'm so thankful for the Gospel in our life and how exciting it will be for that day to come when we can be with our love ones agian. :) Love you and if there is anything I can do let me know. :)

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

What a great family. Times like this seem to bring everyone closer, don't they? Your grandma sounds like such a great person ... she's a lucky lady to have so many people who love her on both sides. I guess that's all anyone could ever ask for, isn't it. Just wonderful family and loved ones. Your kids are adorable -- I loved the easter photos and the sprinkler fun!! Good times. Well have fun and I'll talk to you later, girl. :D

Jolene George said...

what a sweet loving tribute to your grandma. I know she will be dearly missed.