Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter Weekend 2008

Our Easter weekend turned into Easter week when we learned that Grandma Innes was most likely going to pass away very soon. On March 18th my dad called during piano lessons about 3:30..I couldn't talk but told him that I would call in an hour and a half at 5 o clock when I was done. When he told me that Grandma was on her deathbed and was not expected to make it through the night, I packed everyone in less than an hour and was on the road by 6:30. Malin was good to stay and finish work until Friday. When we got to Thatcher that night, My mom watched the kids so I could go to the Hospital and be with Grandma. She was suffering from two strokes, a heartattack and pneumonia. It was not the Grandma that I knew and loved. She passed away on March 20th and 2:30 AM. My dad was there and felt such a calming spirit knowing that she was finally with all her siblings and parents who had already passed on. Her mother died when she was 2. That weekend was a bitter sweet memory for all of us as we reminisced about Grandma and the many wonderful things that she did for all of us. That Saturday we had a great Easter gathering at my parents home with all the family that had come to town for Grandmas funeral the following Tuesday.

Baby Malin was very unsocial when we got to Thatcher. He would just shake his head at anyone that attempted to hold him. He's a mommas boy.The girls had a great time dying Easter eggs with Aunt Tylynn. WE had them for Break fast on Easter morning. And Deviled eggs were a hit.......yum. Savannah got this swimsuit from Aunt Tylynn that day and she wanted to wear it EVERYDAY......Aubrey loved this chair at the Easter picnic. She loved it so much that she jsut sat there and watched everyone play. She also liked the bling bling necklace from Aunt Leisel.After the Easter Egg Hunt in Grandma and Grandma's backyard. With cousin Mckenzie. All the grandkids had a great time finding Easter eggs. Even Baby Malin found a few.Baby Malin is a BALL FREAK. This picture explains it well. He was saying ball and running around with it everywhere. I love the little boy so much. He called the Easter eggs balls too.

No comments: