Monday, October 15, 2007

October Fest in Snowflake, AZ

This weekend was very enjoyable at the October Festival in Snowflake, AZ at the Willis farm. The Willis Farm is owned by my sister in laws, Kelsey(Nelson's wife) ,parents.(Did you understand that?!) Every year they have a huge pumpkin patch and corn maze where they sell pumpkins, gourds, Sunflowers(for the seeds inside) and a hay ride. It was so fun!! Something new they did this year was they had a Pumpkin Catapult, a homemade device that plunges the rotten pumpkins into the air and try to get it to hit certain targets. People where actually paying 2 dollars to pull a rope and watch a rotten pumpkin catapult through the air!! They also had some booths selling things and a DJ. We went up on Friday and met all the family at Pizza hut for the buffet. Then we headed over to the Willis Farm to do the Corn Maze and ride horses. We also went to the Snowflake and Showlow game on Friday night, where Snowflake got beat BAD by Showlow. Savannah and Aubrey fell asleep right when we got there, so we bundled them up in blankets and laid them below us on the bleachers. They slept through the whole game!! (Believe me, they were warm and uncomfortable.) We stayed Friday night at Kelsey's brother and sister in laws house. It was perfect, and saved us alot of money. Thanks again for your hospitality Nelson and Kelsey! Savannah and Aubrey stayed up til midnight, because they slept through the whole game, and watched Evan Almighty with Dad, Nelson, Kelsey and her brother and Sister. And, they were up the next morning bright and early!!!How do they do it? Saturday, we had fun with festvites, and then for lunch we met up with Rachel and Jason Peck, Rachel is Malin's first cousin. They live down the road in Taylor where Jason owns his own Tractor Business. We picked up Sonic and met up at their house to chillax and visit and get out of the 100 mile winds (okay only 20 miles, but it felt like 100). Rachel is due in 4 weeks, and looks like she's hiding a bowling ball in her shirt. She's WAY CUTE. And Daddy Malin was the life of the party with his silly comments. Love you Malin.
We left from their house and had an interesting ride home with our new family member....read below to see who it is.
Our little man in the pumpkins.
Savannah can't decide which one to pick! Aubrey is gonna sit on this one. She's made her final decision. The Corn Maze that we went through was pretty hard...even with a map!! The four pictures below are 1)aunt Julianne, Savannah, and Sarah in the corn maze2) all the Lewis Family that went through the maze with us.3)Savannah and Aubrey at a checkpoint in the maze. Each checkpoint had a different shaped holepunch. If we got all 5 of them on our map we got a prize!
4)An ariel view of the corn maze. Impressive!
We also got to ride the Willis's horses. That was so fun! But, the second time I rode, I was on the one that likes to RUN, and I was SCARED THAT I WAS GOING TO FALL OFF. He was going so fast and I couldn't stop him! Everyone had a good laugh, but I was shaken up...AND, still sore from it. HAHAHAHA Savannah rode with me the first time.
Dad Lewis was a pro on the horse.
Below is a short video of the Pumpkin Catapult.
We tried to go to the Temple, but it was closed, so we got a pic of mom and the girls in front of it. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TEMPLE!
And our new family member is...........................duh,duh,duh................................................................. WE TOOK HOME OUR FIRST PUPPY DOG!!! After all my attempts to not have a dog, I finally gave in. And I must say he is sure cute! Definately alot of hardwork, and today I felt like I had a 4th child. But he's a puppy, so It'll get easier....right? I hope. He is a Queensland Heeler, and he's 6 weeks old. Kelsey's aunt was giving them(8 puppies in all) away at the Farm and we just couldn't resist. He is loved. AND, take the poll at the top and tell us what you think we should name him.
Savannah's latest deep thought Sept 24, 07 A few weekends ago we were on our way to Thatcher and we were going through Miami, AZ. Savannah asked, " Mom, where are we?" I told her,"We are in Miami." She promptly asked, "Mom, what's your ami???" Oh the things they say!!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute Dog! That's awesome that you know the Willis family. Mike and Laren Thompson are good friends of ours. Laren is Kelsey's sister. Mike and my husband, Chris, have been friends forever. Small world. Cute pitures. I haven't ever done the pumpkin festival there, but I really want to. We can't travel because of the baby, so it may be a very long time until we go back. That's okay; I hate the drive!

Ashley

Nelson and Kelsey Lewis said...

You always do such a good job on your blog Sarah! Thanks for going to Snowflake, hope you had a good time. We sure enjoyed you guys and the rest of the family going. :-)

Candace said...

HOW FUN!!! WOW, I'm sure you guys were EXHAUSTED after that weekend! Good luck with that new puppy; I have heard from a lot of people that taking care of a puppy is a lot like caring for a newborn!!

Leah said...

SUPER fun! What a cute dog....I need to head our to Schnef farms to get some pumpkin pictures.....so glad you had a good time!

Deanne Wahl said...

It sounds like you had so much fun. My kids keep asking me when they get to pick pumpkins, so we are going to have to find something fun for them here. Your puppy is adorable! I had to convince Alan to get one.

Jordan and Ariana said...

Wow Sarah! You're a blogging maniac! It's been fun catching up on your cute fam. When are we going to get together! it has to be soon!!!:)

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I noticed on your blog that the name Rusty was winning. Don't name him Rusty! Everyone has that name for a copper colored dog! Name him Blaze, it's unique and super cute for your fiesty little animal.

Binghams said...

Okay Sarah...give me your email address and I'll give you all of the info. I know on the question you asked me. It'll be way too long to write it on a comment. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Ask away! Or email me...bingbingbiggulp@hotmail.com.