Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm back........

So I wouldn't call it a media fast...because, ........I had to pay bills online, BUT, I definately limited my use of internet and T.V. this week. It was a good feeling! But, wow, how much I depend on internet is crazy! It's a miracle to have in our lives and easy to take for granted if the "high-speed" isn't going fast enough. Hah! Well, here's an update on how our week went.
Monday OCTOBER 1st we planted our grass, or I guess we laid the seed. Here's Malin laying it and .......
This is the view from the dining room looking out to the backyard.(with sweet Savannah in the pic)
Here't the lawn with the seed and Maneuer laid

Here's FIRST SIGN OF GRASS!!!! Yeah! It's actually working! Our green thumb is working!

We also painted the girls room PINK!! What else would we paint it? Pink is THE COLOR. SO here's the before pic with savannah painting a Princess on her wall:

And here's the after picture:I'm trying to come up with a fun painted princess border to put around the middle of the wall, or a cute saying to put up with Vinyl. I'd Love to have your ideas!!!! Send them my way!!.

4 comments:

Kerrie said...

I don't know if i could do a media fast. I really depend on it! Sheesh! I'm proud of you.
The girls room looks so cute. I don't hav many ideas for the border though. There's always the classic "and they lived happily ever after" princess story ending. I'm sure your girls are living happily ever after. I don't know! I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing!

Linda said...

The pink room looks great. Tell me how you paint Sarah! Do you have to take down the blinds completely to paint the window seals? And do you tape around everything? And do you buy test paints first to see what paint you like best or what? And where do you buy your paint? Enough questions? I want to try and paint some rooms in my house - I've never painted before!! If I was going to put a saying up in Sylvie's room it is going to be - "I'm a dream come true." That's the one I like. Good luck!

Shannon said...

a favorite princess quote I have (and in Kaylees room) is: My prince came, his name is Daddy.

Priamos Family said...

Sarah- you guys are too cute! Love the updates! :) I saw a cute room once that had the words to "I Am a Child of God" around as a border- it was adorable. Princessy type quotes you could always do "When you wish upon a star . . " or something similar. And congrats on the grass growing- can't wait to see the final product!