Thursday, December 11, 2008

5,4,2,newborn......hang on for the ride.

Life is very interesting around our house these days. You're probably wondering how we're doing?! Well I never thought I could be so unbelievably busy yet be so happy all at the same time. Although I am up all hours of the night, and then have to wake up at 6 AM to be out the door by 7 to get Savannah to school, I AM EXTREMELY grateful that my husband still has a good paying secure job that provides for our growing family. Iheard on the news that there is 537,000 people unemployed. WOW that is a staggering number. I am grateful. Let me tell why I'm a little nervous also. So, you remember my post awhile ago about my brother Lamar coming home from his mission. What a great kid he is.Well..... He's engaged. To be married. On Dec. 27th. Yep, the lucky girl is Chelsea. She's a sweetheart. And the reason I'm nervous is because my baby will be appx 28 days old. In the middle of RSV season. And I've only had 28 days to recover. Pray for us. On to other things.... Savannah is a wiz kid in school. She can say phonograms like no other. She loves reciting poems. AND SHE'S SUPER DUPER excited for her Christmas Music Concert Next week. She sings her songs all day. She is especially into "fancy" clothes as she describes them, and loves getting dressed up. She always surprises me with her common sense comments. Aubrey is my fireball. Never a dull moment with her these days. I can tell she has had the hardest time adjusting to baby Ashlyn. She needs a little extra attention these days. She is extrememly into crafts and always asks when she can do the next craft. SHE loves, loves, loves preschool. She is always asking me how things work and why the sky is blue and not green.?! She is a thinker and I know she will be successful when she grows up because of her strong will to learn new things. She can write her full name and always asks me how to write words. She loves to watch Savannah do her homework and learn from her as well. Baby Malin, where do I begin? He is nonstop! That little boy is a crack up!! He loves to hold the baby. He says " Hold ha". He's ALWAYS kissing her. I'm surprised Ashlyn isn't sick yet because of Malin's running nose always in her face. I found him looking through Daddy's tool magazine looking for "big trucks" and making all the sound effects. Made his daddy proud. the first thing he says when he wakes up is "lo lo" which means cereal. Daddy, works hard. Did I mention he WORKS HARD? He is wonderful. I love him so much. I don't say it enough. I LOVE HIM. If you saw the post he wrote about me, then you know how wonderful he is. His happiness is contagious. He is always striving to perfect himself. He always cracks me up with his silly comments. He likes to tease. Sometimes I have to remind him that he can't joke with the kids so much because they take it serious. I think he learned that trait from growing up with a house full of girls. His brother's the same way.( Love ya Nelson:) But somedays all I need is Malin's sense of humor to remind me how easy I have it . Tomorrow is Malin's birthday.....I'll let you know how it goes when it's over....... Other odd facts I want to write down: We turned our garage into a play room. It's still a work in progress, but it does the job for now.....and that is keep all the toys in one spot. My brother Ryan just finished recording the theme song for EFY 2009. It's called the "The Gift" and he sings a duet with Jennifer Jordan Frogley. Tell all your teenage friends that Sarah Lewis's brother is on the EFY CD. I'm famous now right??...... I have an ANGEL that lives behind me. Her name is Esther and she is wonderful. She has saved me so many times. I am so grateful that they moved by us. (they meaning Esther and Jesse, our bro and sis) Just today she took Baby Malin while the girls where at school so I could take a much needed nap. I love you ESTHER!! I have wonderful friends who have helped me out so much with the recovery of my delivery!! I love you all!! I have an Angel Mother!! She is wonderful! She came and stayed with us and did SO much for me. I love you mom!!! I have wonderful in laws who watched the kids for us while we were in the hospital and a few days after..They are Angels too!!!thanks you guys!! And thank you to everyone for your nice comments on my last post. Eventually, I will add the birthstory to it.....so keep checking. oh, and I just heard on the radio today that sugar has the same effects on your body that drug abuse has on your body. Wo, that's scary. So, I AM STOPPING ALL SUGAR. NO MORE SUGAR.

6 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey, sounds like your doing good. I saw Malin at Bass Pro last Saturday, I told him to tell you hi for me. :) Ya Rob was on of thoes peopl that got laid off for 2months, It was rough, but we made it and now we finally got a job and getting back to a normal life. It's a pretty scray world out there, but I'm so thankful for trails and a few tears to make us stronger as a couple and a family.

Congrats on Lamar getting married!!! How fun. Also congrats to Ryan for doing a song on the EFY CD, that is so cool. :) I know I live far away from you, but if you ever need to talk or anything, I'm always here. Your family is so cute. Have a great weekend

Christina, Carlos, and Julian said...

Wow Sarah. Tons on your plate and still so positive! You always have such an awesome outlook on life! Congratulations on the new baby, she's adorable :) Next time you're in Ajo, we should get the boys together to play...JJ loves to share all his trucks!

Candace said...

I'm so happy to hear that despite the crazy, busyness you are going through, adjusting to Miss Ashlyn, you are still happy! That's important.

Just today I had a sweet thought about our precious children: These little bodies hold great spirits. Sure puts things into perspective!

How COOL that Ryan is on an EFY CD! WOW! It's so amazing to see where he's going.

Take care and GOOD LUCK!!!

Katrena said...

Enzo wasn't even 8# or 3 weeks old when he got RSV almost 2 years ago. We stayed in the hospital for 6 days, I didn't have a good bed to sleep on (had to share a single room because the hospital was so full), Enzo ended up getting transferred to a hospital two hours away and I wasn't allowed to ride in the ambulance, and I ended up getting mastitis while we were away at the second hospital. It was horrible. Don't feel bad about not letting people see or hold your baby and I wouldn't even feel bad if you decide to just make a brief appearance for pictures, the sealing, or whatever. I'm getting very, very nervous to have another winter baby. I wish you luck! I think we're hiding out for at least 2 months! And before I forget, congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

Nelson and Kelsey Lewis said...

Nelson...a tease??? naa! lol ;-)

Jen said...

Wow, I've been wondering how things have been going for you with the new one in the house. Sounds pretty good!
So your bro. did end up getting engaged-I hope all goes well for him.
My bro-in-law believes the same thing about sugar. When he cut sugar out he lost a bunch of weight and claims to feel much healthier! I've tried to cut it out-it's hard! I guess it is addictive!