Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In a Perfect World.

The following little blurb describes all the thoughts that have been going through my head...... In a perfect world ....... there are no dirty toilets. and no dirty kitchen floors. And no fighting children. No bills to pay No cars that break down. NO dirty dishes. NO never-ending laundry to fold No junk food that always seems to make it's way into your house. NO need to sleep from sleep deprivation and no weeds in your yard. BUT..... In a perfect world there is also: a wonderful husband for every wife. cute kids for every family. The Church of Jesus CHrist of Latter-Day Saints Joy that comes from hearing your child laugh. Family that is supportive in everything we do. Happiness in the most important things in life Eternal life. I'm glad that I have a piece of a Perfect World, despite the fact that I still live with all the negatives that come from not living in a Perfect World. It's easy for me to think that I have it hard because I'm pregnant for the 5th time in 6 years, or that I can't remember the last time I got a full nights sleep or watched a movie the whole way through. But oh my goodness, what do I have to complain about? I am healthy, I get to see my husband and kids EVERYDAY, I get be their mom everyday, I get to live in a nice home with all the ammenities that I easily take for granted, and I can have ice cream any day of the week?!! At least I'm not strapped to a bed in an induced coma so I can be kept alive. Why do I have to be reminded every day that I don't have it hard? So what if I feel really fat and want to be done being pregnant..........it's a wonderful blessing that I can be pregnant. So many woman can't get pregnant and I can breath and get pregnant......seriously:) I never want to take another day for granted because I'm "tired" or "my house is dirty". I will be grateful that I am tired from soothing a crying child or that my house is cluttered because I have the cutest kids ever. Life is great and I wouldn't have it any other way. Motherhood and wifehood is truly a blessing that I will not take for granted. Everyday is a gift. I am a happy MOTHER in Zion. And that is truly something to cheer about.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome Sarah! I feel the same way...only I'm not pregnant, just fat:) It's so easy for me to be bummed out by little things, but there are so many others that have it worse. All my kids are healthy, I am healthy and so is the rest of my family. That's more than enough for me to be happy about.

Carol said...

I just adore you. You have to be one of the most "got-it-together" woman I have ever met. Your my hero. :) Hope to see you sometime in the future! Till then.. I love your blog.

John and Dana Lyn said...

Amen Sista!! I think all of us need a reminder from time to time just how TRULY BLESSED we are. I love how you put it in perspective. Even though we don't live in a perfect world, there are some things in our lives that seem almost perfect. Thank you for reminding me to be grateful for a kid who pukes all over the floor... because I'd rather clean up a million messes than miss seeing her smile everyday.

spice2116 said...

thanks for the reminder :) as i hurry and scrub my house lol

Linda said...

well said Sarah! I love your positive outlook . . . thank you for sharing your thoughts. Love You!

Felton Family said...

You are such an inspiration of a sister. I love reading your blog, it is always so uplifting and you are one person I don't see taking things for granted. Thanks for your example. I miss you guys. Love ya-

AZ SMITHS said...

I'm feeling a lot like you- Big, Fat, Pregnant, Tired... Blah-blah-blah. Thanks for the reminder that I should be grateful and not always focusing on the negative. We really do have it good! :)

Sara said...

Amen, sista! I love your playlist, btw. :)

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Seriously you have said everything that runs thru my head too. Except that I am not prego..and I live in AJO!!!!! We really are blessed and I regconize this everyday. And count my blessings, when I do this it helps me to deter from the petty little things in my life that are bugin me at the time and I relazie that really they are not that horrible at all! Life is Good..too good to me. I stop and think how did I get so lucky. I must be doing something right!