Wednesday, July 9, 2008

FHE's are so fun!!

I have had alot of fun with the FHE packet group that I am a part of. On June 30th, we had a lesson on Families. We talked about how each member is important to a family and each person brings different qualities. Beforehand, I put each ingredient for CCC's into ziploc bags. I gave each person two or three ingredients and told them they could start eating it. Ofcourse, everyone's response was "EW, no way!!". Then, I pointed out that if we put all the ingredients together it would make something wonderful!! So we took turns putting our ing. into the bowl and soon enough we made something yummy!!! Then we summed it up with this: " If we try to be alone and do everything ourselves, our life can be pretty boring and dull, jsut like the individual ingredients, but if we all come together and be a FAMILY, we can make something wonderful, something ETERNAL" It was a great night. Aubrey conducted,(they love conducting and it gives them practice at talking to people), Baby Malin led the music,(yes it was hilarious, we contained our laughter) and Savannah said the prayer and the scripture. Daddy gave moral support to each person. Mommy gave the lesson. I love my family. What a blessing it is to know that I can be with my family forever, even after this life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ gives us that perfect knowledge. I am so indeedly grateful for the true and full gospel that is on this earth to guide us. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have a plan for us.

2 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey I love thoes FHE Packet's!!! I have abou 12 of them and I love to look at them and I'm getting ready to start and do some with Amirra, even though she wont understand it never hurts to start early!!! :) Hey how is your living room going, Have you started anything on it yet? I'm excited to see picture's!! :) If you ever come to Mesa let me know and we can get together. :) love Ya

Liz said...

What a fun night. I must have missed those packets when I was there. How are you feeling?