Thursday, February 21, 2008

Valentines Day 2007

Well, my camera was out of batteries on Valentines Day, so this will be dull, but I just wanted to record for history's sake about our Valentines Day. The girlies and I (Sarah) had SO much fun making Valentines for Aunts and Uncles and cousins and GRandparents and mailing them. We got those done and out by Feb, 12th so people could recieve them by Valentines Day. I got some great clipart from www.pccrafter.com and we used that to make our Valentines from scratch. We also got some great ideas from www.familyfun.com and we used one that looked like a terra cotta pot(made from construction paper) and inside,sticking out,we taped on a pack of seeds and paper hearts and wrote on the front, "Let's let our love grow". The girls and I LOVE to do crafts. Ask the girls what there favortie thing to do with MOM is and they'll say CRAFTS and then going to the park. We're finishing up all the scrapbooks for 2007 and then I am going strictly Blog Book for every year to come, or until something else comes about that is better. You can make a blog book at www.blurb.com. My friend Leah made one for 2007 and posted pictures of it on her blog. check it out: http://4people2birthdays.blogspot.com/2008/02/its-heremy-blog-book.html It's so awesome! Ican't to make min for 2008 Anyways, back to the topic of this post!..... Savannah and Aubrey also made Valentines for their preschool friends. Aubrey made Barbie Valentines and taped a box of nerds to them. She only has 5 in her preschool. Savannah wanted to do a little more, since she's a little older and stuff, so I gave her the list of names and she wrote all the kids names on each Valentine, by herself! She is learning so fast! We also made brownies on Valentines Day morning and then cut them out in heart shapes and put them in cute little bags with candy hearts included. Dollar Store has the best STUFF! that's where we got the heart gift bags, 12 for a $1.00. Savannah and Aubrey got TONS of candy from Preschool. UGH. But they ate it ALL while I taught piano lessons, and then we brushed their teeth REALLY good. I think it's better to get it over with all at once, then they're only sick once, and you only have to brush it all out once! Malin came home after piano lessons and brought us some great Valentines presents! He got the cutest hot pink blankets for Savanah and Aubrey and I told him if he was going to get something for me it had to be realistic. Even though I love flowers, they die in a couple days and you have nothing to show for it. So, he got me some really nice tupperware from Costco! Much needed! They are called MODS. They're great! And Malin uses them for his lunches so it's great! Baby Malin got lots of LOVE from his family for his Valentines Day gift. And that was the easiest present I've ever given 'cause he ain't hard to love!! Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: