Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chickens and Garden. Jun12, 2009

June was a great month for reaping the rewards of our hardwork. We had 6 chickens laying eggs and had a ball hunting for eggs every morning. We had a chicken that layed HUGE eggs and a chicken that wasn't so fertile. You can see what I mean in the pic below.
Aubrey loved looking for eggs with mom. Here's a dozen we got in 2 days.!
Our Stake Garden just exploded with produce...we had SO much vegetables!! It was a great feeling. If you want to feel successful at a garden, plant tomatoes and zucchini. In the back is green peppers, perfect for hot salsa.....mmmmm
Zucchini was coming out of our ears! We gave all this away at our family reunion later in the month.
Aubrey and the Green peppers.
Tomatoes!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I have always wanted chickens! I'm so jealous! I have to wait till we have a better fence to keep coyotes and bobcat out. And I'm even more jealous of the garden! I had to abandon my garden for the summer. All thanks to a hungry gofer. I love Zucchini bread!!!