Friday, September 28, 2007

Autumn..a time to be grateful

Oh how love autumn! I cannot stop talking about and thinking about how wonderful this time of year is!! The weather, is perfect, the sunsets are GORGEOUS, and I am a happy woman!!!
I never thought I could be this happy. Life is definately a struggle at times with three little babies, but I am so blessed to have such a gentle, spiritual man in my life that I get to call HUSBAND. He is so patient with me, and he is so motivating! He is always lifting me up with his kind words, and positive outlook on EVERY situation. I love my man. I hope to be like him someday.
This is the Announcement I had my friend Tiffany Nolan make for Malin's Bachelors Graduation back in June. It explains him perfectly. Also,HE JUST PASSED HIS 1st MASTERS CLASS WITH AN A!!!!!!! Yowsers!
He is in the process of putting in g sprinkler system so I wanted to post some pictures of the process. He's so tough, he dug the trenches all by himself! No trench diggers here. He's pretty excited about this project and we can't wait to have grass in our backyard!!!
Here is a trench that Malin dug from the front to the back. Go Babe!!
Here is the first signs of trenches in our backyard. I can't wait to post the after pictures when it's all done!
And then there's my three sweet kiddos. They have been so fun lately. Well ofcourse they're always fun! Aubrey is so cute when she talks because she corrects me if I don't say a syllable right. The other day I said" We'll have to ask Santa, with a lazy t.....and she piped up and said "No, Mom . it's SanTa." She's a smart cookie! I simple love her personality. She is dancing in this picture. Her and Savannah love to sing and dance to BARBIE PRINCESS AND THE PAUPER. And there's Savannah, who is really getting good at sounding out words and noticing letters on signs and billboards. She's my little artist too. Oh, I have to mention something. The other day while waiting in the line of mothers to pick up their child from Preschool, Cari, Ethan's mommy was talking to me. She told me how Ethan was kind of shy to go to music makers, (I will post about that soon,) and didn't want to participate. So they went home and later that day, he said "Mom, you know how I told you I was kind of scared to go to Music Makers, and then after a while I started singing?" She said" yes. " Ethan then said,"Well, I started not being scared because Savannah was there, and she's, well, kind of 'cute!" It was too cute to hear that about my little Savannah. And when I told her the story, she just grinned from ear to ear and got SO embarassed. She now has a crush at Preschool.
And then there's my little Malin man. Just the other day he fell and bonked his forehead pretty hard and instantly had a goose egg. OH, I felt so terrible. It looks 10 times better now. He is at the stage where everything he can get a hold of is INSTANTLY in his mouth. UGH, so I have started clearing out bookshelves, and vacuuming,sweeping and mopping every night so he won't choke on anything or tear my books to shreds. He is making the cutest faces too!He loves to do piggy faces. And here's all the kiddos playing doll houses. Most of the time, Malin is not in the girls room playing dollies, but just for the pic I thought I'd put him in. I often find it quiet in the house(ofcourse when Baby Malin's asleep) and I can always find Savannah and Aubrey playing in their room together. Good memories for these sisters. Their favorite thing is playing "neighbors" with their doll houses.
And as for me, the mom, you ask, what is she doing to fill her bucket? Well, I have just started teaching myself how to play the guitar. My husband has a guitar, so why not learn how to play it?It's SO addicting. I now understand better how my piano students feel when they learn their first song on the piano. It's exciting! I can play Ode to Joy, Surf Rock, Yankee Doodle, and the G scale! Rock on Sarah!
I LOVE MY FAMILY

5 comments:

Leah said...

That was a super fun update! All of your kiddos seem to be doing so well. That's so neat you have such an awesome hubbie too. I love the picture of the 3 kiddos with the dolls....I can't wait until my girls do this. And look at you go with the GUITAR! Go Sarah!

Rusten,Danae & Munchkins said...

What happened to your garden?? How did it go last night? I'll get those movies back to you later on today. What do you have going this afternoon?

Deanne Wahl said...

Your kids are adorable! I had forgotten that all of ours were so close in age! Tell Malin congrats with school! And your grass will be so great during the winter. My are out there all day when it is cool enough to be. Let Malin know Alan says HI.

Ashley said...

Congrats to your hubby! It is always exciting to finish school. Kiley is always having crushes at school too. I think it's cute, but her daddy definately doesn't see the humor. Yes, we're still in Thatcher. We are getting ready to build a house. I'm excited, but nervous.

Ashley

Amanda Stephan said...

You're family is adorable!! Congrats Malin, that's awesome!