Sunday, December 9, 2007

Big Changes.....

Wow, big changes are happening in our Stake. Maricopa was made a Stake today in Stake Conference.We were Previously a part of the Casa Grande Stake, which originally had 18 units. The Biggest STake in the church!! So it was time for a change. We also got Ajo Ward and Gila Bend Branch in our Stake. They were previously in the Buckeye Stake and now they are in the Maricopa Stake. As some of you might know, Malin's parents live in Ajo. WE are excited to be in the same stake with them now!
The biggest change was that Malin Walter Lewis, our father and grandpa, was called to be the Stake President of the Maricopa Stake. Wow, what a great experience to see the process take place and feel the love of Neil L. Anderson , acting President of the Quorum of the Seventy, as he set apart Dad Lewis to his new calling. The Lord truly works in amazing ways. What a spiritual high it has been today. I am excited for the future and for the opportunity to have temple interviews with Dad and President Lewis. The Gospel is True.
After everything was done, all the siblings pretended that they were going home, but they actually came to Maricopa and surprised Malin on our doorstep with a Happy 28th Birthday Song!! He was TOTALLY surprised. And actually, prior to the surprise he was kind of bummed because noone wanted to come and visit and hang out at our house. So the surprise was even that more exciting!! We had a great afternoon talking and laughing, and bonding:) Dad and Mom Lewis arrived later and we all had a great time listening to him tell about all his experiences this past weekend with being called Stake President. Truly Amazing.
I also wanted to add that Malin and I traveled to Tucson this past Friday to visit my Grandma Innes in the Hospital. She had a stroke on Wednesday and has lost control and complete movement in her left arm down to her leg. She is 78. It's very hard to see your grandma in that condition. I fed her her lunch, which was pretty much baby food and she could not talk much or open her eyes. I love my Grandma. She is very unselfish and giving. And she makes the best Sunday Roast Beef Dinner I have ever tasted. While I was feeding her lunch, I asked what the secret was to making a good Roast. She said "Make sure you brown it." Then I asked her how long I cook it, and her slow response was, "until it's done." She still has her sense of humor. I hope and pray that Heavenly Father will let her stay a little while longer.
Here's an update on our little family for History's Sake.
Classic Picture of the First Step!!! Don't you love the look!!!Nov.30th,2007 His First Step!
Savannah and Mommy had a Mommy Daughter bonding time making sugar cookies!! Dec. 1st 2007. She was so EXCITED to be with JUST MOMMY. Both babies were sleeping. He's the cutest little mess I've ever seen. I need the baby proof cupboard doors, he's getting into everything!Grandpa Malin and Baby Malin. He's so intrigued with his Grandpa Lewis. He's always looking for him and wanting to play!Play Ball Grandpa! From the Inside, Looking Out.These two pictures I just took with dreams of being a Professional Photographer someday. So did I capture a good shot? I thought it was a good picture of their cute little silhouettes. And Aubrey picking her nose. Here's a Video of Savannah and Aubrey's rendition of Jingle Bells and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. It's Sweet!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Sarah, I was just coming to your blog to ask if your FIL is the new stake pres. Very exciting! I love your blog...your fam. photos are too cute!

Candace said...

WOW! Exciting stuff! Malin's dad is an amazing person; I know that without having a whole lot of interaction with him. He the type that just makes you feel like a million dollars when you're around him. I'd like to be like that someday.

I'm sorry about your Grandma Innes; it is SO hard to see the ones you love suffer. Good for you in gleaning some "Grandma wisdom" from her.

Yay for Baby Malin and his 1st steps! I can hardly believe he's already old enough to be doing that! You have the cutest kids, Sarah. :)

Linda said...

The face that Baby Malin is making while taking his first step is absolutely adorable. PRICELESS pictures Sarah!

Leah said...

Hey Sarah
That was quite the update! Congrats to your FIL...so many blessings to him. And your baby walking...wow! Already!? And your pictures...very cute. Once you get your camera let me know...I would love to show you some stuff!

Deanne Wahl said...

At stake conference I almost fell over when I heard Malin Lewis as the new stake pres. Then I remembered that was your father-in-law's name too. I am so excited for your family to have that experience. By the way, your pictures were adorable. Please tell Malin Hi from us. And MERRY CHRISTMAS

Jen said...

I thought the same thing as Deanne and then I remembed your FIL. Wow! IT is too bad that we are not going to be in the same stake. We aren't going to get to run into each other during stake conference.:( your kids are so adorable! Malin is growing up fast!

Martha said...

SARAH & MALIN,
Congrats to your DAD, Malin. That's awesome! He'll be great. I love looking at your blog and keeping up with your cute kiddos. Hope your Christmas was MERRY!
Love ya,
~Marph

Ryan and Candice Nelson said...

Just saw your blog while browsing by, wow your family is so beautiful! Little Malin looks likes he's a crack-up :) Glad to see you guys are doing well. Malin, we should do lunch sometime and chat about work! lol Hope to see ya'll soon! Here's our new blog: ryanandcandicenelson.blogspot.com